Tenant - Emergency Repairs
Urgent Maintenance Instructions
Please see the list below of what constitutes an urgent repair under the QLD Residential Tenancies Act:
- A burst water service or serious water service leak including hot water service;
- A blocked or broken toilet (Lavatory) system;
- A serious roof leak;
- A gas leak;
- A dangerous electrical fault;
- Flooding or serious flood damage;
- Serious storm, fire impact damage;
- A failure or breakdown of any essential service provided by the landlord or agent to the premises like gas, electricity, hot water, cooking, heating or water supply;
- A failure or breakdown of an essential service or appliance on the premises like gas, electricity for cooking, water supply or heating;
- Any fault or damage that makes the rented property unsafe or insecure;
- A fault or damage likely to injure a person or damage property or unduly inconvenience a resident at the premises;
- An appliance, fitting or fixture which is not working properly and causes a substantial amount of water to be wasted.
- A serious fault in a staircase, lift or other common areas of the premises that unduly inconvenience a resident in gaining access to, or using the premises.
Routine Repairs are repairs other than emergency repairs.
Emergency Tradespeople Contact:
The following tradespeople can be contacted after hours ONLY if the maintenance is in one of the above categories. Please Note: If you contact a tradesman and it’s not considered urgent you will be charged for their time.
- Plumber/Hot Water: Call Platinum Realty Rentals on: 0422 272 760 or John Cepero 0411 308830
- Electrician: Call 0422 272 760 or John Cepero 0411 308830
- Locksmith: Call 0422 272 760 or John Cepero 0411 308830
- Glazier: Call 0422 272 760 or John Cepero 0411 308830